We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to join our team at South Deep Restaurant. We love making delicious food using fresh produce from local suppliers and are proud to offer a fun and friendly environment at a waterside location with stunning views. We are a restaurant with a buzz, a well-equipped modern kitchen and offer excellent career progression.
Job Role Requirements:
• Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen when Head Chef is away.
• Aiding Head Chef in the communication between kitchen, director and front of house manager to inform them of changes in menu or number of bookings.
• Planning menus and new dishes that are both creative and profitable, along with Head Chef.
• Reviewing all dishes regularly with head chef, director and front of house manager to ensure that all dishes are relevant to customer demands and selling well.
• Making sure food is of the right quality and price.
• Constant quality of each classic dish, from ingredients – recipe – dressing plates – presentation to the company standards.
• New dishes must be discussed and agreed between head chef, director
• Carrying out stock and check rotation. Inspecting food on delivery for quality.
• Ensuring the company sticker policy is being followed and checked.
• Vacuum packing food as soon as possible to keep it fresh.
• Liaising and ordering food from suppliers when Head Chef is absent.
• Carrying out health, safety and hygiene procedures.
• Understanding the risk assessment and hazards within the kitchen and to comply with the control methods.
• Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene according to the company cleaning end of day clean down process, procedures and standards. Also, in according to current health and food hygiene legislation.
• Keeping up to date with fridge temperature and delivery temperature sheets to ensure all food is delivered and stored at the correct temperature. Following the EHO policy, food health and safety regulations to maintain our 5-star Hygiene rating.
• Training and Development of the younger staff.
Work in a fantastic location
Be part of the Parkstone Bay family
Onsite parking and some uniform will be provided
Packages include Tronc
Meals while on duty
Company Pension scheme