The role is diverse and team members are required to participate in activities relating to all areas of the business. This provides an opportunity to enjoy a full and interesting working environment, suited to a candidate with a common sensical approach and 'can-do' attitude.
The role requires a high skill and experience level in the use of machinery for boat haulage and movement, including negative drop.
The following are included in the role but successful applicants will be given a more detailed role description.
1. Launching of boats on dry berthing, using negative drop and slipway methods
2. Boat haulage, pressure washing and blocking off
3. Boat towing and water taxi
4. General grounds maintenance and presentation
5. Fuelling vessels
6. Mooring servicing
7. Interaction with customers to provide welcoming and helpful atmosphere at marina
The skills required for the role are as follows:
• Forklift licence or practical ability displayed for in house training
• Negative drop or Wiggins Bull
• Practical skills – ability to learn and pick up new skills easily
• Able to work as part of a team or individually
• Good customer service skills
• Good understanding of boats and / or watersports activities
• Positive and enthusiastic approach to work
• RYA Level II preferred
Due to the nature of the business, weekend work is essential with time off in lieu during the week. Hours vary seasonally and can be discussed further at interview.
Work in a fantastic location
Be part of the Parkstone Bay family
Onsite parking and some uniform will be provided
Company Pension scheme