50° 43' N - 01° 58' W
Any questions? Call us on +44 (0)1202 747857
Our Charter for your Health & Safety
In our interests of maintaining your Health & Safety whilst enjoying your time at Parkstone Bay Marina, we would ask you to adhere to the following:
- Please pay attention to all designated speed limits, and any Health & Safety warning notices displayed within the boatyard/marina. They are placed at the entrance, and around key areas of the yard, and are aimed solely at preventing personal injuries.
- The security and safe berthing of your craft whilst moored to the pontoons is yours. To avoid trip, slip, and falls, please ensure that any securing lines/loose ends are not obstructing the pontoon walkways.
- Fishing from pontoons is prohibited, as this often causes a safety impediment for safe access to and from craft. Slipways are notoriously slippery; please refrain from wearing unsuitable footwear, and always wear lifejackets when frequenting theses areas.
- Do not encroach within operational working areas where safety notices are displayed. Our staff are very proficient, and are there to make your time spent, using our facilities enjoyable and safe, and are always delighted to help. However please remember that it is their workplace, and like all workplaces hazards are always present.
- Please refrain from using naked flames, e.g. welding, cutting or brazing on your craft until you have informed the yard management. It is sometimes the case that adjacent craft may be embarking fuel. All fuel must be stored in approved containers, and wherever possible siphoned into the craft. Any hot work involving naked flames should not be undertaken unless adequate fire safety control procedures have been put into practice. These should include: the provision of portable fire extinguishers, removing flammable and combustibles away from the immediate area, and checking for hot spots after the work has been completed. We would ask you to refrain wherever possible from smoking within the yard, and always use the cigarette extinguishing buckets placed around the boatyard as to avoid the risk of fire.
- Parents and guardians should take responsibility for ensuring the children under their control are adequately supervised, and that dogs are kept on a lead. Please remember if you are in any doubt, or see anything you consider hazardous, report it to a member of our staff.
- Ensure that all hazardous waste (e.g. paint, solvents, oils, adhesives) are placed within appropriate containers, and taken to the hazardous waste facilities provided. All inert waste should be disposed within purposeful waste skips, or taken home with you.
The management and staff of Parkstone Bay Marina consider your personal safety as paramount. Please help us in ensuring that your time spent with us is enjoyable and injury free